Friday, April 25, 2008

"Sharing Sheets" ©


Eight O'clock, Lucky went to bed, regardless of the activity in the household. He preferred not to be disturbed and in his own subtle way let you know. But as my time to hit the sheets arrived I would stand by the bedside, look at him snoozing and with regret say "OK buddy, my turn". Lucky would slowly lift up and off the bed with a thud, tail down, head down and mosey off to his second choice spot. He never asked and I didn't mind "Sharing Sheets". Still missing you, buddy.....

Oil on Canvas, 6" X 8"

My apologies for the sparkly (white dots) photo, I shot this outside in the sunlight.

4 comments:

Craig and Tanya Amberson, said...

Gorgeous! Loved the story behind the painting.

Kimberly M Zamlich said...

Laura, this is one of my favorites on your blog. This is gorgeous!

Marian Fortunati said...

Lovely story AND another lovely painting. Good friends are hard to come by and often remembered. It comes through in the painting.

Beth said...

Laura, I miss Buddy too. As a primarily landscape artist, I know you use this spot to expand your range. Thank goodness. He's peaceful and perfect, just like I'll always think of him. love, Beth

Site Meter