Wednesday, April 15, 2009

"Old Road" ©



Today I was running around, delivering paintings and frames. Then this evening I am painting with a group, so this afternoon I painted a small study to figure out a color problem on a larger canvas of the same view. It's interesting how much information the small paintings provide. Usually I paint small as a study for a larger painting, figuring out all of the issues before tackling a larger canvas but in this case I worked backwards. I have painted the larger canvas and it has a problem in the transition of light in the trees. Now, I can see where the larger canvas needs work and know exactly what needs to be painted. Never ending learning.....

Oil on panel, 5" X 7"

1 comment:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

this painting is a winner, hands down. the masses are handled beautifully and the brushwork tells the tale, too. NICE!

Site Meter