Thursday, July 01, 2010

"San Onofre Bluffs" ©


Late in the day, painting what I saw, this is one of my paintings that I didn't enter or show anyone from the week in San Clemente. The haze was coming in off the ocean, it was very quiet except for the sea far below me. Little lizards darted constantly between my easel and the tiny brush as I painted. It's amazing how many different body styles lizards come in, from sleek and lanky to chubby and short, just like cars.
I am off to Santa Ynez for the holiday weekend, horse and paints in tow. Happy Holiday to you too!
Oil on Panel, 9" X 12"

3 comments:

Marian Fortunati said...

Hope you have a wonderful trip!!

How many paintings did you paint in all when you were down there??

Rich Brimer said...

Hey Larua, I remember this day. I saw a bit of the one you did just before this one. It was the first time of many times I met you that week. What a wonderful trip we had. This painting came out wonderful. Thanks for posting it.

Laura Wambsgans said...

Hi Marian, I think I painted 9 pieces. It helps to have explored the area the last few years. If you come next year I would be happy to tell you everything I found to save you the time.

Thanks Rich for looking at my little blog. Your a awesome painter and I enjoyed getting to know you a bit. If you want to paint out Marian (above) and a bunch meet in Malibu once a month. It would be great to catch up!

Site Meter