Tuesday, May 15, 2012

19th Annual Carmel Art Festival 2012


"Creekside", one of the many paintings sold at the Sierra Madre Art Festival and Art Matters, Encore! at the Huntington Library and Gardens, last weekend.  

This morning I am off driving my art mobile to Carmel for the next 6 days as a juried participant in the 19th Annual Carmel Art Festival.  The artists will paint 4 paintings, 2 for judging and 2 back up for sales.  Sunday morning is a quick draw, which is always a challenge.  My car looks like I am leaving home forever, between the 12 wired frames (you never know what will look best till you finish the paintings), painting gear, big coats (I have been told it will be cold) and all the usual traveling gear, it's a full load. 
I am really excited about painting in the area of Carmel, catching up with the artists I know and learning about this event.  Wish me good luck!  

3 comments:

Marian Fortunati said...

Congrats on another successful event...

I will wish you good luck in Carmel but doubt you'll need it. Enjoy yourself!!

Erin Lee Gafill said...

Good luck at the festival! And if its foggy in Carmel, its probably hot and sunny in Big Sur. You will notice on the map they give you a big arrow pointing south --- but if you want some ideas, just email me at erinleegafill@yahoo.com. I am painting in the festival, too, and today (Thursday) its so hot you could fry an egg on the terrace (at Nepenthe, where I am painting today.) I'll look for you Saturday! xo Erin

Laura Wambsgans said...

Thanks Marian, it was a great event and I would love to see you up here too! You would love it....

Erin your paintings were great and I hope to paint with you in Big Sur soon, if not I'll see you next year in Carmel. Thanks for the tips on finding the SUN!

Site Meter