Thursday, June 25, 2015

Painting in the Adirondacks

 Lower Saint Regis Lake, 18X24, Oil

Last week I traveled with Marian Fortunati to upper state New York, deep in the Adirondack's to paint in the 2015 Publishers Invitational.   The variety of the color green, from the trees to the fields was endless.  Around every bend in the road you didn't know if you would find a pond, waterfall or stream.  Eric Rhoads put the event together and I can't think of a thing that could have been done better.  We were very well taken care of from check in to the final goodbye party.

 At the same time there is a very serious man hunt for the 2 escaped convicts and it's still going on.  Most of the painters stuck together for safety and only a few saw wanted posters tacked up in the forest.  

It was a great week full of painting everyday, singing songs at night to Rick Wilson's guitar and making new friends.  The world of plein air painting is small enough that I am sure my path will cross with some of the wonderful people I met.    The photo below is the whole tribe of painters, about 120 in all.  



If you would like to see more photos from the week, I have an album on my Facebook page you are welcome to view.  

No comments:

Site Meter