Wednesday, December 27, 2006

"Golden Sycamores" ©


I spent the day with Frederic Edwin Church, or should I say with his paintings. The Huntington Library in San Marino, is hosting "Treasures From Olana, Landscapes by Frederic Edwin Church" until Jan. 3rd. Since the Rose Parade is going to bring millions of visitors into the L.A. area, I took the day to learn from Mr. Church, without having to duck around the throngs of heads destined to invade the gallery. Then I came back to my easel and painted a few "Golden Sycamores". Could a day get any better?

Oil on canvas board, 5" X 7"



Purchase from the artist

3 comments:

René PleinAir said...

Laura I cannot help it, but each time I visit you blog i enjoying your work with open mouth.

Do you mind if i link you blog?

Laura Wambsgans said...

Thank you Rene very much. I am still learning with each piece and will improve. It would be an honor to be linked, of course. Laura

René PleinAir said...

Your linked!

Site Meter