Thursday, February 21, 2008

"Dangling Branch"



Rest stops are sprinkled along our major highways. I first saw this tree at a rest stop in Utah near the Idaho boarder. It was early in the morning; the grass was still wet from the night. Usually I don't stop, ever, while driving long distance alone but I could see this tree from the highway on approach and it just pulled me in. I felt safe. Painting the back lit dangling branch, makes me those feelings of being protected, safe and magnetized by the beauty of nature, once again.

Oil on Linen, 18" X 24"

3 comments:

Marian Fortunati said...

Another GORGEOUS painting. You were drawn by the branch but the orange in the valley is what draws me.

Austin Maloney said...

What a beautiful painting.

Laura Wambsgans said...

Thank you Marian and Austin, I so appreciate the comments. It's so encouraging to get positive feedback. Laura

Site Meter