Wednesday, August 11, 2010

"Approaching Storm, Teton Canyon" ©


Eventually the skies opened and rain poured out. Until then thunder pounded sounding like angels roller skating around the big wooden rink in the sky.
This painting had to be quick with the impending weather. I premixed all the colors that I was witnessing and then just moved paint from the palette to the canvas as fast as I could. The mood appeals to me and I am glad there was just enough time to capture the feel of the moment.
Oil on Panel, 10" X 8"

2 comments:

Joan Breckwoldt said...

You certainly did capture the feeling of an impending storm . . . when the sky feels low and heavy. Very nice, and brave of you to stick it out and not dash back to your car. :)
Joan

Laura Wambsgans said...

Actually one day painting with a bunch of ladies, we did bail out painting under a metal barn roof. The lightening started and we decided it was time to go or get a perm. Thanks for your kind words....

Site Meter