Monday, March 31, 2008

"Red Roof" ©


Very small flying creatures attacked my painting today. I was able to flick most of their bodies off my panel this evening after the paint set up a bit. A paint out was planned for the North Campus of College Of The Canyons, nine artists came out to paint together. Not only was the safety of numbers appreciated at the end everyone shared their mornings efforts and Lorelle was kind enough to critique (offer very helpful suggestions). Several of the artists, like moths drawn to light, included the red tiled roof, all alone tucked down in a nest of trees.

Oil on Panel, 8" X 10"

1 comment:

Marian Fortunati said...

It was a fun day all right! I thought your painting was great.. always LOVE your clouds!! (bugs and all.)
Both Sharon and I also blogged about the day so you can see our work and how the three of us approached the scene differently. Mine is:
www.marianfortunati.com/blog
and Sharon's is:
www.apaintingadaybysharonweaver.blogspot.com

Thanks also for letting us know about the Rancho Painters' Day today... It was absolutely gorgeous.. I imagine fall will be nice too!
I've invited friends to your show on Sunday.. I'm hoping we can all come!
Marian

Site Meter