Friday, January 09, 2009

"Hopland" ©



This is a huge day in my blogging effort. This painting is number 500! I am more then half way to my goal of 1000, since I don't blog everything. In the past I have mentioned that Jean Stern of Irvine Museum told me once that after I paint 1000 canvases I will "begin to understand the process of painting". I believe him with all my heart, at only 1/2 way there I can see that he is so right as he always is. Jean is a treasure and humanity is fortunate to have his incite, love of art, good sense of humor and generosity.

Oil on Canvas, 16" X 20"

2 comments:

Marian Fortunati said...

Hi Laura...
500! WOW... and this is lovely too!
Where was this scene??

Laura Wambsgans said...

Hi Marian,
Hopland is north of Marin and south of Willits, California. We drove through it on our way to the Skunk speeder run Thanksgiving and just loved the area. In the morning fog hung in the little valleys, in the evening everything seemed to turn golden. It's a very special part of California. 500, and now I hear blogging is on it's way out, according to Wired Magazine. It's been a great learning tool for me. Just today I painted a little piece I never would have because I should be painting the commission I am working on. But the blog spurs me on to play in the small format. Time will tell....

Site Meter