Monday, May 27, 2013

"Honey Trail" ©


Just around the bend are piles of white bee boxes, filled with busy bees.  Santa Clarita, my town, has just opened this area as a new open space for everyone to hike.  I have been painting here for years, under the radar so to speak.  Fortunately no one has ever shooed me out, unlike the Newhall Land and Farm property on the 126.  Oh, yes, caught by helicopter painting on the side of the road with Lorelle Miller.  The guy wouldn't even let us finish our paintings.

Oil on Canvas,  18" X 14"

3 comments:

Docent said...

Absolutely stunning, Laura, Don't know how you do it! That sound you hear is this painter kicking the wall. Joy

Marian Fortunati said...

Love Joy's comment!! :o)
That little shaft of light is gorgeous... enriches the whole thing which is already beautiful.

Laura Wambsgans said...

Thanks so much you guys. Having brilliant artists comment mean a lot to me. I love the spot, just down the road and anytime you want to paint there let me know.

Site Meter