Wednesday, May 01, 2013

"Sunny Garden Path" ©


Arlington Gardens in South Pasadena is a tiny plot of patchwork gardens of great variety.  I painted along the sunny path lined with a few lupin, red poppies and young sycamore trees.  Many garden vistors stopped by my easel to tell me their story and how they came to visit the garden.  Some were first time visitors but most glowed as they talked about their personal love affair with this special spot.  A couple of days ago I went back to deliver a painting that had sold during the weekend art show and in just that short time the garden looked very different.  New splashes of color had popped and other plants hanging their heads were turning gray.  

Oil on Panel,  11" X 14:

3 comments:

Docent said...

Bravo, Laura. Joy

Rita Foster said...

such lovely work, the way you paint the leaves of the trees are very impressive. I love your style.

Laura Wambsgans said...

Thank you Rita, I am glad you found my paintings and appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.

Site Meter