Tuesday, June 24, 2008

"Sunlight On Trestles Trail" ©



I was headed to a location called Trestles, one of the most famous surfing beaches in the world. One thing I always remind myself when looking for a painting in nature is to TURN AROUND. More often then not, that is moment of Ahh-Haa, which is exactly what happened here. When I saw the dappled light filtering through the sycamore trees, that was it. I never made it to Trestles that day. As surfers and hikers passed me more often then not they would comment that they come down this dirt path because it's the most beautiful way to Trestles.

Oil on Linen, 8" X 10"

sold

4 comments:

Marian Fortunati said...

Another sold painting! Was this the second of the two you chose to display at the end of the paint out? ... Or maybe some of those surfers wanted a lovely painted memory.

Cara said...

Love the play of light -

Austin Maloney said...

You do great work. I love your landscapes. Would you be interested in exchanging links? My blog is:

http://austinmaloney.blogspot.com/

My email is:

amaloneyart@gmail.com

concerned citizen said...

That is a beautiful painting! I know exactly where that is, I spend a lot of time at Trestles, a place that is very dear to me. Hopefully you can make it all the way to Trestles Beach sometime, it is very scenic. Check out my photos at www.caopenspace.org/trestles3.html
I bet the beach at low tide (showing all the cobbles and tidepools) and the lagoon on Trestles beach would make some great paintings! Nice work!
--webmaster, www.caopenspace.org

Site Meter