Friday, December 07, 2007

"Sycamores In December" ©



Another artist saw this painting and told me that she knew exactly where these trees live. I thought that seemed impossible, Southern California has sycamore trees along stream beds everywhere. She pulled out a photograph of her painting and sure enough it was the exact same location and trees. She chose a shady spot in the creek under the first tree. Again I am reminded how intimate painters become with each view. In case you are curious these lovely sycamores live along Placerita Creek in the Nature Center. They are almost naked now.....

Oil on Linen, 16" X 20" sold

1 comment:

Dean H. said...

Hi, Laura! Great rich color in this painting plus most others I've seen in your blog. I just 'found' you today...it's always exciting to find art that appeals.

Site Meter