Tuesday, July 15, 2008

"Surfing" ©


This is the last second before the ride is over. What attacted me to this surfer over the others was his brilliant yellow board, against all the colors of the sea. Surfing has changed, little ankle leashes prevent having to swim to shore to retieve the board after a spill, short boards allow for quicker moves, waiting for a wave the water level is around your waist rather then you actually floating on top and finally "turning turtle" has been replaced by a slick move of just pushing the tip of the nose down with you on top diving down under the rolling white water. Amazing what can change in 30 years.
Oil on panel, 5" X 7"


sold

2 comments:

Marian Fortunati said...

How strange... I could have sworn that I commented on this and said that I'd like to buy it.
Well, I'm trying again, I guess.

Laura Wambsgans said...

The surfer is yours! I'll email the details. Thank you for the support, very much.

Site Meter