Tuesday, March 17, 2009

"Sierra Study" ©


As a possible larger painting I tested out this view in a 5" X 7" study. It has potential so I started in on a 18" X 24" of the same view. Here are the thoughts that I hope will be running around in my head. #1 watch the harmony between the most distant mountain and the sky, in this study there is a slight battle. #2 pick out a few of the close rocks to create a focal point. #3 make the sunlit patches in the mid ground interesting and more of a diagonal rather then the V. #4 make sure that the light source is obvious. And of course other things will pop up as usual.
We had to get ready to evacuate today because of a broken gas main, so my painting time was interrupted but I'll continue on this larger canvas for the next couple of days and then post the resolved painting.
Oil on panel, 5" X 7"

No comments:

Site Meter