Friday, March 23, 2012

"Evening at Vasquez" ©

Tomorrow evening is the opening of my solo show "Land and Light" at the Segil Gallery. I try to stick to the subject of painting within this blog and stay away from mentioning shows. Today is an exception. For months I have been painting for this show. Many of the paintings that have been blogged recently are hanging in the gallery. If you live nearby I would love for you to see the real artwork. My photography is poor at best and with varying resolution /color on everyones computer screens I can only imagine what people are seeing. The reception is from 5pm - 7pm, the gallery is located at 110 W. Lime Ave., Monrovia, CA. The show will hang till April 28th. After tomorrow night, I will be back at the easel happily painting for the next set of deadlines.....

1 comment:

Marian Fortunati said...

What a beautiful show, Laura!!! I saw one of your Vasquez Rocks paintings there... not sure about this one and marveled at how you managed to make the iconic rocks, look so attractive!!!

This is wonderful as well. I loved seeing you there, Laura...

It's a great show!

Site Meter