Tuesday, August 14, 2012

"Zion, Morning" ©


Counting the days until I am flying to Whibey Island, WA to attend a workshop with Kathryn Stats.  Her paintings of the canyon lands of the west have stopped my page turning in the art magazines for many years.  To be able to watch her paint and talk about the process is a dream come true.  I shipped my supplies up yesterday and will follow in a couple of weeks.  I painted this little piece with thoughts of the workshop in mind.  

Oil on Canvas,  12" X 12"

2 comments:

Marian Fortunati said...

Laura... this is wonderful... I so enjoyed seeing you today.

I know you'll learn from Kathryn Stats, but I think you're already terrific.

My favorite part of this is the beautiful colors so subtly placed in the river.... But that wouldn't matter if the rest wasn't so strong!!

Docent said...

Totally agree with Marian....about the subtle river AND that you already are terrific! Joy

Site Meter