Tuesday, February 25, 2014

#pleinair #oilpainting #Towsleycanyon #Keltyredwing44 "Towsley Canyon Plein Air" ©



Saturday I am driving down to the Anza Borrego State Park area to participate in the "Borrego Springs Invitational".   As a necessary treat (is there such a thing?) I bought a new plein air backpack to replace my little Ross Store backpack that only holds paint and paper towels and is ripping apart.  The new one is a  Kelty Redwing 44 .  I wanted to take it out on it's maiden painting trip, so we headed out for a quickie at Towsley Canyon.  The pack will hold an EasyL 11" X 14" easel and everything else needed to paint.  I have graduated from carrying 3 items (backpack, easel and tri-pod) to just 1 item on my back, leaving me hands free.  This is a great feature if you start to fall while hiking or just need to grasp rocks/trees for balance.  So far I give the Kelty a 5 star rating....

Oil on panel,  8" X 10"

3 comments:

Marian Fortunati said...

Good to know. Did you get it online or at a brick and mortar store?

BTW... Love seeing your paintings.

Andrea said...

Awesome Laura!! You've come a LONG way in your carry items...from bottles, wipes,and diapers; chisels and hammers (I only assume from sculpture period) to easels and painting tools (hat too I hope). I love following you, and love your creations. And that we are connected!! Would love to see you in Anza, but darn it we will be in Solvang!! Have fun...andi

Laura Wambsgans said...

Marian, I bought the back pack at Sports Chalet at the same price as online. I love seeing your paintings too!

Andi, it's an amazing time to live, where we can be in touch via the internet. Thank you for keeping up on my creative journey. You are an inspiration, I watch you too, I just saw a great photo of you on a serious bike riding adventure. Have a great trip to Solvang, it should be beautiful with this long awaited rain. Love you....

Site Meter