Saturday, June 14, 2014

"Waiting for Rain, Eaton Canyon" #eatoncanyon #landscapeoilpainting #laurawambsgans


Oil on Canvas, 24" X 30"

After teaching a workshop full of fun artists in Lake Arrowhead a couple of weeks ago I started this painting for an exhibit next fall.  I am still sneaking up on the light this painting slowly, too much too quickly and the painting will be ruined.  

Next week I will be competing in the Los Gatos Plein Air 2014.   If you want to read more about the event click here.  It's an area unfamiliar to me and I am looking forward to painting the land south of San Francisco.  If possible I will try to blog from the event.  

A bit of good news, I was juried into the California Art Clubs exhibit, "Quintessential California".  The show will be exhibited at the Santa Paula Art Museum until November 2nd, with an artists' reception on Saturday June 28, 4pm - 6pm.  There is a slight admission fee, just so you know.  To learn more about the museum visit Santa Paula Art Museum 


No comments:

Site Meter