Tuesday, November 28, 2006

"Aspens" ©


When I first started exploring the media of paint a well-seasoned artist was describing trees, the dancing trunks, patterned sky holes, the subtle changes of color within their leaves. It was almost romantic and I felt as though I was listening through ear muffs, unable to comprehend this admiration and love for all the earth's trees, and yet so desperately wanting to see. Fortunately I didn't say a word and felt deep down that someday I would understand this language about trees. It's taken years and finally I can see clearly though artists eyes these lovely inhabitants that surround us quietly.

Oil on Canvas Board, 5" X 7"


sold

1 comment:

belindadelpesco.com said...

This is stunning. I'm standing among the trees, listening to the leaves. Really, really beautiful painting.

Site Meter