Tuesday, May 08, 2007

"Last Light IV" ©

Today, I came very close to finishing this painting. In this photo the darks are black which is untrue, in fact all the values are incorrect. It's after sunset and I put the painting in a frame, running all around the house testing the lighting in every room to photograph the painting in. Tomorrow I'll shoot it in daylight for you. Meanwhile, today I pushed and pulled every area of the painting, except the sandy foreground and sky. I was checking shapes, cool colors vs. warm colors and standing back to double check the over all painting, every few minutes. My goal was to have the viewer believe that the trees and bushes are back lit with the last light of the day.
Oil on canvas, 24" X 36"

1 comment:

naquaiya said...

Now this girl is what I call THOROUGH!

Site Meter