Thursday, May 03, 2007

"Moonstone Beach" ©


Finished? possibly. This is "Moonstone Beach" brought to a good point. Today I started back at the sky, looking at the shapes, connecting the dark and light clouds. Then I moved onto the distant mountains, giving them the suggestion of structure. Next, I popped into hills, just above the tree line, a peachy/blue color, tying into the cliff in the lower right. The tree line is really straight when you are standing on the cliff but for the paintings sake I gave it a bit of interest by varying the bottom edge. Then I tightened up the rest of the painting. One detail that I was delighted to have in the view, were the rocks leading from the cliffs to the water and also the wet sand from a creek leading from the cliffs to the sea. Both of these elements help bring the piece together. (This photo was shot in direct sunlight, out of doors) On to the next piece!

Oil on Canvas, 18" X 24" on reserve for June shows

No comments:

Site Meter