Sunday, December 07, 2008

"Malibu Ranch" ©


The California Art Club quarterly paint out was held at the King Gillette Ranch in Malibu on Saturday. Sharon Burkett Kaiser arranged everything beautifully and I am grateful for all of her efforts to make sure everyone was comfortable. The ranch was a terrific painting location. You could have blindfolded me, spun me around, whipped off the blindfold and said "paint that", and "that" whatever it was would have been inspiring. A long stand of Eucalyptus trees line the entry drive, the distant famous Malibu mountains were beckoning, flocks of ducks paddled around in a pond that reflected golden Sycamore trees, the paintable views were endless. I finally settled on this little group of buildings off in the distance with the huge Sycamore trees towering over. What a day we all had, absolutely perfect.
Oil on panel, 9" x 12"

2 comments:

Marian Fortunati said...

Really nice, Laura... as always. I really wanted to go as I was sure it would be fun. Sharon always is so gracious, isn't she? Anyway.. couldn't go... Gastone was in Washington until 2:00 and of course I have Tyler.
No matter... There will be other times to have a nice time outdoors!

Nick said...

Really interesting blog Laura. Thanks for sharing so much about your workshop, I learnt some good stuff from that!

Site Meter