Wednesday, February 11, 2009

"Fox Field" ©



Our trees have to be confused, 39 degrees one day, 60 degrees the next. Yesterday was one of the sunny days, in a parade of storms. Fox Field in Newhall was sparkling.

A note to artists. Often I don't see an issue with a painting until I blog the image. Tonight I see that the Oak tree creates a dark shape, echoing the smaller tree exactly. Good grief what was I thinking? Even though it was there, it's my job as the "artist" to make sure that each shape is varied and interesting. I'll go back in with paint and change that shape pronto.

Oil on panel, 8" X 10"

2 comments:

Marian Fortunati said...

Thanks, Laura...
I learn from you each time you mention things like this. I'd love to see it with the change, too.
I agree that one sees more when you "send up a painting", but you are great in that you see more and then you figure out how to make it better.

Laura Wambsgans said...

OK Marian, I posted the revised painting. This lesson is firmly planted now in my head and it will be a while before I sin again. Thanks for encouraging me to air my mistakes.

Site Meter