Friday, May 01, 2009

"Spring Evening" ©



I waited to post this little sunset study until it was dry enough to lay on the scanning bed and be scanned. I am looking for a more accurate way of producing images, rather then the digital camera that depending on the light, time of day, if I am standing on one foot singing, whatever, they never look true to the original. Maybe this is better, the image on my computer screen shows the foreground and trees much darker then the painting and wipes out all of the work. Still searching.....

Oil on panel, 8" X 10"

2 comments:

Marian Fortunati said...

It looks wonderful to me and on my monitor I can see the foreground details.... Of course I don't know what the actual painting looks like, but.......
My FAVORITE part is the farground mountains... with the clouds above... LOVELY..

I always have so much trouble with taking photos. And you're right... it depends on the time of day... which direction the painting is sitting in relation to the light source (sun)... etc. MY biggest problems is these ripply things I sometimes get. I cannot for the life of me figure out WHY they show up or how to avoid them.

There is a blog by r. garriott that has photoshop tips in it. The latest one was about how to even out the look on a monitor... Check it out... it's complicated information but interesting and if mastered, useful. (There's a link on my blog.)

Laura Wambsgans said...

Thank you Marian, I'll take all the help I can get. Sometimes I wish I had a professional photographer next door that I could barter with for images. I'd cook, clean, pull weeds... In the art magazines they often show artists studios and you can see a photography spot, with a dark wall, lights and a huge camera on a tripod. That must be the solution. I'll check out Garriot, thanks again.

Site Meter