Wednesday, March 19, 2014

A couple more Borrego Springs paintings.... #Borregosprings #desertpainting


On Church Street, where you can find a variety of church services I painted this view one afternoon, while the bells rang out every half hour or so.  The singing bells kept me in line from staying too long in one spot by reminding me that time was marching on.




This little painting of a Palo Verde tree was done at the Anza Borrego visitors center.  Usually I don't post paintings in frames but I had not photographed the painting before it was hung in the Borrego Art Institute.  Below is the Institute with the sunrise reflecting in the glass windows.  I a few minutes later the whole mountain lit up in shades of pink.  

  


This is very typical of the terrain in Borrego Springs, surrounded by the Anza Borrego State Park.  It really is quite beautiful in it's understated hues and ever changing skies.  

No comments:

Site Meter