Thursday, November 06, 2008

"Canyon Rocks" ©



This weekend I am headed to Laguna Beach to attend a week long painting workshop with John Cosby (http://www.johncosby.com/). 2 years ago, unsure and with trepidation I took the same workshop. John was one of those instructors that manages to put concepts clearly and simply, answering every question patiently. I learned and grew from the experience and now I feel ready to hear it all again, adding to what I have been able to practice the last couple of years, I hope to be able to absorb even more. I don't know about blogging from Laguna, hotels connections are improving but you never know. My hope is to blog the workshop. Leaving the ducks on the easel, so close to finishing is difficult but I know coming back to them fresh will allow me to continue painting better then ever. AND yes Marian my friend, I will post the ducks, when they are totally gorgeous.

2 comments:

Marian Fortunati said...

Thanks, Laura..
In the meantime, have a WONDERFUL time in your workshop.
How fortunate for you to be able to work with Cosby TWICE!!! His work is beautiful.
I know your ducks will be gorgeous as is all of your work. I also look forward to hearing about your adventures and what you learned.

Phil Morin said...

Love your paintings ! Great stuff! I look forward to visiting your blog again soon!

Site Meter